with her buddy between houses...
loves her some waddipops.
Haddow-ween was a big hit this year. She's been wearing her costume for a month, including the hat, almost everyday...until Halloween, that is. Then? NO HAT, MAMA. She still got plenty of treats though, and did a GREAT job knocking on doors and saying "TRICK OR TREAT!", and then saying "tank you" as she turned & walked back down the path. I'm pretty sure in the beginning she did NOT do a good job taking just one...her little goodie bag got so heavy I had to empty it into my bugspray/sweater/cup bag about half way through...which lead me to wonder & be a bit more supervisory during her candy grabs going forward. We trick or treated for just over an hour before we headed home in the dark...through the "pooky (spooky) dark forest" as she calls the outside now when it's dark. I think we may have watched a few too many Nick Jr. Halloween episodes...
Since Halloween she's had a few lollipops and 1 candy bar. I put all of her candy in a grocery bag on top of the fridge and she has no idea it is there, and doesn't seem a bit concerned with where all her 'treats' went. She does, however, ask daily, 10x a day, for a waddi-pop. Yesterday we had one while waiting for Dad to get home from his 7 day stint with the Navy...anything to pass that last hour of time. I ate one too, and promptly chomped it right up (I've never been a patient how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop kinda girl) and Luce looked at me, held up one finger, and said, "Just one Mama; Just.One." Apparently she IS a good listener...
No comments:
Post a Comment