she has so many these days, I want to jot them down before they are gone forever...
-"words, words, words" when she looks at words in a book, on a container, or at the prayer on her wall
-when you ask her a question & she doesn't know the answer she responds, "uh?"
-"no i like a dark" when we turn the light out
-last week while at Chick-fil-a ordering a water, she shouts out "DECAF! Mama need a DECAF!"
-"no push (or kick) mom, no push dad, no push a peoples, no push a ANYone"; usually said after pushing
-"poops, poops, in dad's hair, poops, poops, in mom's hair, poops poops in dad's CAKE!"
-"no I like a loud"...she hates it when I flush in a public restroom...it is too loud for her I guess?
-"no I [insert any number of activities or things here]" "YES I [often insert same activity...10 seconds later]"
-"let's go outta here, mama! fore dat mouse comes!" in reference to an episode of the Little Einsteins when the bad mouse comes to take the prince's winder-upper (yes, they really call it that).
-"whew. dat a close one!"
-"Whozat, mama", "Whazat, mama"
-"Nameiz?" she wants to know the name of every character or picture of a person or animal in every book or pretty much everywhere in general.
-she references things all the time. She disassembled her doll pack-n-play structure and turned the supports into drumsticks "like Quincy does. like Marina does." (reference to Little Einsteins & The Fresh Beat Band). She references her activities to shows, books, and things Mom & Dad do...ALL THE TIME.
-She quotes movie lines as a joke. When saying Thank You sometimes she'll break into The Sneetches "Thank You, Thank You, Thank You"
-She even mimics the intonation of movie lines. "A CaaAAAT, in a HaaAAAT"
-A non show/book reference: we pray for all family members every night. Including Uncle Ben & Aunt Chelsi, and baby Austyn. I ordered some sweet fabric to make Austyn a baby blanket. I showed it to Luce, and explained it was for Uncle Ben & Aunt Chelsi's baby. I then asked if she remember their baby's name. "Uh?" she said. I said, "baby Austyn". "Like prayers!!" she said.
-she takes pretend trips a thousand times a day. for forever she's been going to Grandma's house. then she started going to see Rocket (of the Little Einsteins, again). Now she sees Rocket on the way TO Grandma's house!
-"words, words, words" when she looks at words in a book, on a container, or at the prayer on her wall
-when you ask her a question & she doesn't know the answer she responds, "uh?"
-"no i like a dark" when we turn the light out
-last week while at Chick-fil-a ordering a water, she shouts out "DECAF! Mama need a DECAF!"
-"no push (or kick) mom, no push dad, no push a peoples, no push a ANYone"; usually said after pushing
-"poops, poops, in dad's hair, poops, poops, in mom's hair, poops poops in dad's CAKE!"
-"no I like a loud"...she hates it when I flush in a public restroom...it is too loud for her I guess?
-"no I [insert any number of activities or things here]" "YES I [often insert same activity...10 seconds later]"
-"let's go outta here, mama! fore dat mouse comes!" in reference to an episode of the Little Einsteins when the bad mouse comes to take the prince's winder-upper (yes, they really call it that).
-"whew. dat a close one!"
-"Whozat, mama", "Whazat, mama"
-"Nameiz?" she wants to know the name of every character or picture of a person or animal in every book or pretty much everywhere in general.
-she references things all the time. She disassembled her doll pack-n-play structure and turned the supports into drumsticks "like Quincy does. like Marina does." (reference to Little Einsteins & The Fresh Beat Band). She references her activities to shows, books, and things Mom & Dad do...ALL THE TIME.
-She quotes movie lines as a joke. When saying Thank You sometimes she'll break into The Sneetches "Thank You, Thank You, Thank You"
-She even mimics the intonation of movie lines. "A CaaAAAT, in a HaaAAAT"
-A non show/book reference: we pray for all family members every night. Including Uncle Ben & Aunt Chelsi, and baby Austyn. I ordered some sweet fabric to make Austyn a baby blanket. I showed it to Luce, and explained it was for Uncle Ben & Aunt Chelsi's baby. I then asked if she remember their baby's name. "Uh?" she said. I said, "baby Austyn". "Like prayers!!" she said.
-she takes pretend trips a thousand times a day. for forever she's been going to Grandma's house. then she started going to see Rocket (of the Little Einsteins, again). Now she sees Rocket on the way TO Grandma's house!
-let's go make a tower daddy, make a tower (they make pillow towers)
-daddy fix it (in reference to a boo boo), daddy make a all better.
-"FRIENDS! I like friends!" whenever we go somewhere with a bunch of tots...regardless of whether or not we know them ;)
Saying good-bye to the paci is still happening...she regularly asks for her baa during the sleep time routine. She usually cries for 30-50 minutes before falling asleep now, and during naps she just can't settle herself down when she wakes up after a short time. She used to almost always nap 2+ hours and we've been lucky to get to 45 minutes this week. It's been fun times. Live & learn...lil Gus will be saying good-bye to his paci at a much younger age...
No comments:
Post a Comment