Thursday, November 12, 2009

almost 34 weeks! And 4 years!




Holy cow....does that mean just over 6 weeks to go?!?!?!? WHATTTT!!!!

We've started on the nursery. And by started I mean the headboard & foot board of our guest bed are now up in the garage attic. How Clay managed that one on his own I'll never know & I don't think I want to (there are no stairs...so somehow he hoisted it up there by himself?!?!?!)! Clay has painted a corner of the room...just enough so we know we like the color. [UPDATE: PAINTING IS COMPLETE!!] Which we knew already because it is all over the first floor of our house. Um, yeah. So we've started. Oh, and we have 1 blue crib sheet thanks to Aunt Brooke. I tried to find where we were with the nursery with Luce...and I found that at 35 weeks we had EVERYTHING done. Like clothes washed & diapers ready & that sort of thing. HOLY COW. Gus's wardrobe to date...largely courtesy of Asher...is still in the box that Aunt Brooke sent it in. It stayed in the dining room for weeks, only to make it up to Gus's room last week. Um, yeah. And newborn diapers? Not a one to be found...[UPDATE: JUST GOT ONE IN THE MAIL FROM HUGGIES ;]

And just for kicks, here is a fun photo of us at this barely 34 weeks point with Luce. Could we look any more fresh faced? This time around Amanda is again throwing a shower for us in a few weeks, but just girls this time. I'm quite certain a photo from that event will reveal a much wiser face of motherhood...one that lacks the glow and has added a few wrinkles. Interestingly enough it feels hard earned & I'm okay with it!

I'm sleeping well for the most part...like a rock actually. 2 hours during nap time, then to bed around 10p or 11p if Clay is home, up every 2 hours to pee, then up for good around 7a. I've had a few crazy dreams but nothing like with Luci. Clay says I'm snoring...and he's waking me up every few hours to tell me to knock it off...which just makes me mad apparently and then I promptly fall right back to sleep (I don't remember these interactions very well so I'm left to go on his accounting of the matter). My back feels okay most of the time, but his poky little elbows, knees & feet definitely get up in my ribs & hurt my mid section many, many times a day. He's quite the mover & I'm pretty sure he gets a kick out of dancing on my bladder much of the day. If I'm hydrated I am literally visiting the bathroom every 3-5 minutes...no joke. Luci says, "No mom potty AGAIN!" I second that, kiddo.

I've been having some contractions now for a few weeks...I'd say they are not insignificant!??! A few weeks ago they were every 5 minutes for about an hour & a half. I chugged water (being dehydrated can cause contractions & pre-term labor) and rested on my left side (the place to be when you are pregnant and need to rest) and they were largely gone by the time I went to bed. It's been a bit unnerving given that I never really had this with Luci until about 40 weeks. The biggest difference is just the pressure this time...I literally feel every little pound of him - and then some - weighing low on my insides. I really don't remember that particular sensation much with Luci. And it has been going on for months! I thought it was the style of pant I was wearing (demi panel), but it turns out it's just that big boy squishing me from the inside out!

My appointment this week with my favorite doctor ended up being an appointment with my favorite nurse. Dr. J had to rush out to deliver two babies so given I didn't have any major concerns it worked out just fine. I've gained as much weight to date with this pregnancy as I did in my entire pregnancy with Luci. Fun times. I'm measuring right on track though, at 33 1/2 weeks, so that is good news. Favorite Nurse & I looked at Gus on the ultrasound and got a GREAT view of his little face...he has big cheeks and is, of course, super cute :). This also indicates he's posterior (sunny side or face up) just like his big sister was. Which means a more difficult labor with back labor and more pushing. And here I've been telling myself for months that the labor, delivery & recovery COULDN'T POSSIBLY be as difficult as it was with Luci. Or maybe it could, I guess...ah, SUPER fun times...

Oh, and did I mention today marks 4 years of wedded bliss? Happy Anniversary my love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well....I think you glow, and I think you look lovely!
And that sweet daughter is a dear and still pretty little - though she's now giving Mamma advice (good advice, don't you think?)

Lacey said...

You look great!! I can't believe only six weeks left- you are almost there!! Can't wait to meet little man and see pics of his nursery. :) :)

Holly said...

You look great! It will be easier!