See Luci 'working' on the computer like Dad? The big machine is called a CPM...it provides continuous passive movement designed to stretch out his new ligament...all he has to do is just sit in it 6 hours a day...are you laughing yet? Can you guess the likelihood of him sitting in such a machine for 6 hours a day? He starts PT today and hopefully they'll give him some continuous active movement to do...cause I'm afraid the passive movement isn't doing much for his not-so-passive spirit.
The ACL replacement surgery was on Thursday of last week. It went well, although his meniscus had been damaged by the ACL tear in such a way that it was irreparable. Long term he'll be fine, he just needs to diversify his workouts as he's not going to be able to log miles running he'd like to for the rest of his life. Hopefully this merger with United will enable us to move somewhere that has a bit more hiking and other outdoorsy things to do so he can feed his soul without running shoes. The hardest part of it all so far hasn't been the pain, but the lack of mobility. He's not well suited for a sedentary life.
And here is the rest of our week in photos...crazy eyed boy is getting used to his new-to-him highchair. The pedi told me to feed him rice sooner rather than later, but I just can't bring myself to do it. First comes solids, then he's crawling & walking...and then he's not a baby anymore! So we are taking our time. Plus, we've had enough going on, right? Feel free to validate me...those pedi remarks were just a suggestion...I'm the mama...right?!?!?
And lastly, we send a HUGE note of thanks to Grandma Pierse who has been here almost a week now. Her presence has turned a very stressful, exhausting experience into a very manageable, almost pleasant one (for the mobile ones of us, that is). Thanks, as always, for being there for us. :)
2 comments:
That machine doesn't look fun at all...boo.
I'd want to wait on the rice cereal, too. Especially after what I went through. We did the cereal at four months, but after what happened I wish I waited even longer. And it didn't help the sleeping, either ;)
Hope Clay gets better soon for him and all of your sakes!! LOL. I know how men are when they are sick or hurt....or in Clays case, immobile. 6 hours a day?!? That stinks.
On another note, I agree...YOU are the Momma..and if Momma isn't ready for rice, then that is YOUR choice. I waited until mine were 6 months if that makes you feel any better.
The pools are open?? All of them?? I'm guessing weekends only. Even though we have a pool my kids like going to the public ones to play on the slides and diving boards. Guess I need to get on a renewal of the passes.
Hope you were able to have a good Mother's Day. And hope life gets back to normal sooner rather than later. :)
Post a Comment