Monday, May 31, 2010

like a sister

We were SO lucky to have a visit from our friends the Tankborns this weekend. Jen & I have been bffs for so long that she's like a sister...we grew up together, we went to college together (although we had healthy separation, I might add ;), lived together in our 20s in Chicago... She's just like a sister. And despite the 1000+ miles that now separate us, the changes in our marital status & kiddos...it's still the same when we get together.


And yes, I am as tired as I look...although I'm not wearing any makeup so cut me some slack...


And it seems our kiddos feel like cousins ;)







Unfortunately no big family photo! Per usual I didn't break out my camera until last night, and we said good-bye this AM. Boo. We all had tons of fun, and Clay had a blast commiserating with someone who fully appreciates & understands my adorable personality quirks ;) Like the fact that I bought the biggest pan that Sam's Club had...because...why wouldn't you...even though it is so big it doesn't even fit on our stove...and then they had a good laugh about my recent two week stint as a vegan...(needs to be a post unto itself)! There is something very warm & fuzzy about how our friendship continues to endure & grow despite such significant life changes and distance. It's like a security blanket I hope I never outgrow.


Thank you so much Jen & Paul for coming down & bringing that sweet boy with you...love you more than you know!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I want to hear about the 2 week vegan stint! I'm still on chix, turkey and dairy. Don't think I'd be able to give up dairy...

Clay said...

The vegan stint was pretty awful... I knew it wouldn't last forever - in our household, crazy obsessions generally only last about two weeks.

Nonetheless, that was more than long enough to endure things like mushroom loaf and vegetable risotto (both of which were beyond horrible).