Wednesday, June 13, 2007

6 lbs, 3 ounces...plus or minus 8 ounces






This afternoon we had another ultrasound at the hospital - the same kind we had at week 18. We confirmed our little Luci is in fact going to be fine with her lavender room (she's a still a girl!), and that she is possibly a bit big for her age. The data collected on her little bones, head & belly suggests she weighs 6 lbs, 3 ounces right now...with a possible error of +/- 8 ounces. So minimally she's 5 lbs 11 ounces, or she could be as big as 6 lbs 11 ounces already! Clay & I have read that during the 9th month she could gain anywhere from .25 to .5 lbs per week. That would put her right in line with the size of both of us at birth - Clay was 7 lbs 14 oz, and I was 8 lbs, 10 oz. I am exactly 35 weeks today, but measuring 36 weeks 1 day. So maybe she'll come a bit early!
Fun facts learned...the tech told us she likely has some hair (the tech saw sparkles?!?!), and she likes her toes! She was playing with her feet, grabbing her big toe & have a grand old time in there. Her head was really low & she kicked when the tech pushed too hard. It was really neat to feel her movements & see them simultaneously on the screen. We can't wait to meet her!!!

Appropriately enough, we are finally nearing the point where we are actually ready for her...I went to Babies R Us this weekend & went a little bit nuts with sales & my 10% off coupon. We now have crib sheets, towels, washcloths, and enough 0-3 month gear to clothe about 4 babies. Little girl clothes are so cute, and they were all so cheap I just couldn't help myself...so I allowed one last retail indulgence before the paychecks end (Friday is my last day!!) So if you are so very kindly thinking of showering Luci with some gear....she really only needs some 6-9 month outfits at this point! I also finished the Classic Pooh curtain toppers and crib skirt. And now that we have confirmation she'll be lookin good in pink, I'm going to get all of her little clothes washed!! I stocked up on some nursing pj's for the hospital & first few weeks at home, the car seat base has been installed by her dad (we'll get it inspected next week) and the stroller is put together. She's all we need!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how exciting! It's all coming together and the second stage of the Big Adventure is just a few short weeks away! It sounds as though you're about as ready as parents can be and about as eager as parents can be to meet baby face to face. Joy, joy, joy!!!

Lori said...

I am getting very excited! I can hardly wait to meet Luci, Brittnee knowing you I know you have way more than any baby needs. You can probably furnish 20 layettes! love mom