Things I'll miss:
My hair. It looks better than it ever...like ever in my entire life.
The dessert card...no one judges a pregnant lady eating dessert.
Filet-O-Fish sandwiches...another guilty pleasure I've been partaking in far more than my husband likes.
Having a good reason to hang out on the sofa on my left side watching TV.
Having a good reason not to travel...and to stay home with my kitkats.
Having a good reason not to be on litterbox duty.
Random women telling me (always in a public restroom) how great I look when I tell them I'm due in a week and a half...this is a new one!
The anticipation and looming excitement of meeting the most significant contribution Clay & I have made to the world yet...both as individuals and as a couple.
Things I won't:
Having to force myself to stay hydrated, knowing I'll be in the bathroom every 10 minutes or less as a result.
Snoring.
Heartburn and Tums.
Preparation H.
Random people asking when I'm due and then being surprised at how far I have to go.
The inability to have a strong cup of coffee, glass of wine, sushi, soft cheese and cold meat sandwiches (that's deli meat for all of you non-Rosonkes).
Looking at my body as though it is science experiment every morning because the changes are really too much to rationally & emotionally comprehend.
My crooked negro medelo (known as the linea negra to every one but Clay & me).
Not being able to see my feet as I walk down stairs.
Being hot...ALL of the time.
The inability to wear my clothes, shoes & rings.
Feeling like my body is going to break when I try to roll over or get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
The swelling in my feet & this giant belly.
3 comments:
fabulously said...and have i mentioned how excited i am to meet little luci?....ah....
Yeah. That excitement is hard to beat. And who knows - maybe some of the things you'll miss will just keep on being a part of your life. (My hair got thicker and stuck up out of the crown of my head like duck fluff.)
Ditto Amanda.
Love the lists! They made me laugh out loud! I can't begin to imagine how excited you must be to have Luci here. I'm thinking about you tons and awaiting the exciting news.
Post a Comment