Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Big Girl


Trying to sit up on her own!
This is what always happens!
I caught her before the nose dive!
This was on the way to the doctor. It is actually a bit cold out so we get to cozy up!


My big girl went to the doctor this morning for her 4 month well baby exam. Not a tear was shed...not even during the 4 shots! She was very tired and I think it helped to dull the reaction. What a relief! At her 2 month visit it took me over 10 minutes of soothing to get her calmed down. So far the vaccines seem not to be bothering her, so hopefully it will continue. Last time there was a low grade fever and fussiness for a few days. We started the Tylenol right when we got home per the doctor and we'll keep that up for the next few days as the vaccines do their job.

Stats at four months:
Weight: 16 lbs 3.6 oz; 90 - 95% percentile
Height: 26.75 inches; 95 - 100% percentile
Head Circumference: 17 inches; 95-100% percentile

And this morning after her appointment & nap she rolled over from her back to her tummy! She's been working on this for a few days, but that arm & shoulder kept getting stuck so she'd give up & roll back. But not this morning! Now the only problem is that she prefers to be on her back & she hasn't managed to get back around! Silly baby!!
We received the all clear to start rice cereal! I hope to hit Target to buy a highchair this afternoon once Clay gets home. Fun times!!! Maybe this will help her sleep better? Now I can start obsessively reading about solids in addition to my current obsessions of vaccine & sleep habits reading...
All that obsessive reading is my excuse for the mommy brain that was in full swing this morning...I called Brooke just to chat on the way home from the doctor & asked her what she was doing the next few days with her time off...at which point she reminded me that they were coming here later today en route to a wedding in Austin! I've been so obsessed with the immunizations I knew Luci was getting that I totally spaced! Then once we got home I forgot it was time to feed Luci & instead put her down for a nap. When she woke up at 11:30 I realized I hadn't fed her since 6:30! Bad mommy needs to chill out!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi there,
Love all the pictuers of Little Luci. She sure is growing well. She and Alivia weigh the same. Was wondering..where did you get the Iowa Hawkeye Pink blanket that was in the car seat picture? I want one for Alivia:-)