So that was quite a night. She felt a little warm this morning, but acted just fine, so she ate pears & cereal for breakfast and then had a bottle of milk. She only drank about 4 oz, which is odd, but I thought she probably just wasn't feeling 100% yet, so I wasn't too concerned. About 20 minutes later she started to get really fussy, so I decided it was Tylenol time again. As I was leaning her back on my lap to give her the Tylenol, she burped & spit up...then choked a bit...then FULL ON projectile vomited, caught her breath, did it again, caught her breath, did it again, started to panic because she couldn't breathe, and then vomited AGAIN while snorting pears & cereal out of her little nose. Then she vomited again. My poor little baby was so scared she was crying & grabbing around my neck...there was vomit everywhere...in my shoe, on my pants, on my shirt, in my hair, on her pants, on her shirt, on the floor...poor thing...
After that we cleaned up (I really am a mom...the vomit didn't even bother me, I just wanted her to feel safe), called Godmother Aunt Brooke MD again, and gave Luci some more Tylenol. She took a great morning nap, and then proceeded to TAKE HER FIRST STEPS while hanging onto/pushing something (a diaper box that hadn't made its way to the garage yet)!! What a kid!! She certainly doesn't get that can-do even though I'm sick attitude from me...when I'm sick I just want to stay in bed & have my mom bring me 7UP & crackers...and I'm 30. What does Luci do? She takes her first few steps. Good heavens. My loss of sleep due to this kid is just beginning, I'm convinced. She's got her dad's adventurous spirit.
After that exhausting workout, she drank 6 oz of watered down milk (4 oz formula mix with 6 oz water, per Aunt Brooke) and was ready for a nap again...and she's still sleeping now.
When I called her dad to catch him up on the days events, he informed me that he isn't feeling too hot himself...but is he letting that get him down? Nope...he's on his way to DCA where he'll meet a bunch of friends out. Like father like daughter...
I'm going to make an appointment for her at the pediatrician's office on Monday. Turns out her little playmate Rachel had a similar fever last week a few days before our play date on Tuesday. Rachel got a tooth a few days later so we assumed the fever was because of the tooth, but it probably wasn't...she is now on antibiotics after a trip to the pediatrician. Let's hope Luci is feeling better by Wednesday or the big hike will have to wait another few months (it takes 4 mo. to get a camping permit). I am sneaky tough in lots of ways, but leaving my baby girl when she is sick is not one of those ways.
2 comments:
Oh no, very scary! I haven't experienced the high fever and throwing up yet. I'd be a nervous wreck, too, but it sounds like you did all the right things. Thank goodness for Dr. Brooke! Hopefully, Luci just has a 24-48 hour virus. Poor little boo.
Poor Baby Luci...poor Mommy. How scary! I hope she's feeling better and that it's just a small virus. That is so exciting that she's taking her first steps....she's certainly growing up very quickly.
Post a Comment