Wow...one more month until the big 1st Birthday. man-o-man. Luci has 'developments' to report on every single day (I spare you all my daily recap of our genius...but Dad gets to hear about it every night when he's away). Here are just a few notes...
-She is imitating sounds now. She imitates out (ooowww) and up (uuuuhhh). If we blow on something, she makes the fffff sound that is similar to blowing.
-I think she may even have a few 'words'. Note that DH (dear husband) & I have different opinions on Luci's 'words'. She has said mamamama in context a few times in the last two days. If she hits a few more uses correctly, I might be convinced she knows I'll come runnin' when she says Mama. She uses the same squeal every time she sees the cats....so her squeal might mean cat. ;)
-She understands tons of things! She knows where the light is, what 'out' means (she goes to the door), what 'go get your shoes' means, what 'drink out of your cup' is, or 'where is your cup...go get your milk/water', walks to the door when I say "let's go out & get the mail" and responds mmmmm to "do you want some snack/breakfast/lunch/dinner ?"
-She either doesn't understand, or ignores, tons of things...a few that we repeat all day long come to mind..."are you all done?", "sit on your bottom please", "please don't put that in your mouth", "please don't throw your cup/food on the floor".
-Separation anxiety seems to be getting worse still. She cried for 30 minutes in the Y child care a week ago (they were supposed to come get me...and didn't...ugh), and cries if I get more than a few feet away from her in the presence of strangers. She is all right with people she knows well.
-We are working on weaning from the bottle. The 3rd bottle of the day has been replaced with 'milk in the cup'. It isn't going all that well, but we'll continue on nice & slowly.
-She's eating as much as I am practically...I think maybe because she's not getting as much for that third bottle/milk feeding. For lunch today she ate an entire Gardenburger, some peas, and a yogurt.
-She's getting very good at drinking water from her sippy.
-She's walking EVERYWHERE, and would climb the stairs over & over all day long if we let her.
-She went down the stairs backwards once (we've been working on this for weeks) at the Lawrence house (exact same floor plan & stairs), and was hilarious on the landing wiggling her foot back trying to find the next stair. Seriously cracked me up!
-She likes other babies...will wave at them & squeal at photos of them.
-She always has a huge grin for her big girl friend Clara.
-She likes dogs & cats.
-She starting to pick up on shapes...she can put balls & blocks into the correct holes in a few toys that we have. It seems to be specific to these toys at this point.
-She likes balls, and will play 'catch' with you if she's in the mood.
-She loves to look at books on her own, especially animal books. She often 'kisses' the people/animals on the pages. She loves books with flips & textures.
-She doesn't sit still for long anymore to have books read to her. Short & sweet & then she wants the book to look at on her own.
-Naps are less predictable...usually still 2 a day, usually one of them is for 2 hours and one is for an hour or so.
-She wakes fairly consistently around 7am, +/- 30 minutes.
-She LOVES the bath, and really likes to 'swim' at the pool.
-Her top gum is swollen, but we still only see two bottom teeth.
-She is in size 4 Pampers, but still has to use the sensitive newborn wipes.
-She is in size 12m-18m clothes.
-She still sleeps in a medium sleep sack.
-She's all about what I can only describe as perching on many a non-perchable surface (her toy airplane seat, the end tables, stairs)...to which the 'please sit on your bottom' comment has yet to be effective. We won't give up though!
-She loves the park & swings, and gets excited when it becomes clear we are getting in the car.
-She likes to dance (shakes her head & bounces). She does this same thing when you ask her to bounce or dance.
-She looks under furniture for toys now.
And a note about her mama...after all of that typing yesterday I may have reached a point of clarity (for today at least ;). I feel very blessed, and am truly grateful that I am able to stay home and be a mom; I am honored to be Luci's mom. Ultimately, at this point in my life I feel called to be a wife & a mother....a stay at home mother...to three children, to be exact...and to nurture a family full of kind, faithful & grateful hearts. It may be difficult...there are many things that might come more easily & that I might be better at, but my heart tells me this is the one worth working for.
2 comments:
Holy Cow...11 months. She looks an awful lot like both you and Clay...not sure who I see more of in her. She is certainly getting big too fast.
I hope you are feeling more reassured in your thoughts recently. I wish I had good words of wisdom...but sorry, I don't, at least not right now. You just have to do what is going to make you the happiest and make you the best Mommy to Luci...if that means working more, then that's what it means...but I think....you're about ready for Baby #2??????
Oh, btw-wanted to tell you, I've started loading videos onto onetruemedia.com and it is super fast, even for longer videos and there is an edit function that allows you to change the orientation of the video if you shoot it vertically. Just a thought:-)
Thinking of you and wish we could see you soon.
11 months?? Seriously...how is she almost a year old. Wasn't I just bringing you dinner?? Didn't I just hunt down Amanda on her walk and hear all about you being in Labor?? and then the bad epidural?? Almost a year??
and I am glad your feeling better about being a sahm today. :0) You are good at it. We all have those days where we question what on earth we're doing.
Post a Comment