Luce & I are having a rough day today. We woke up to the news of the CAL crash in NY...it was operated by Colgan Air...Clay's previous employer. It seems he didn't know any of the crew. My prayers and thoughts are with the crew & passengers & families. Every crash hits closer to home than I'd like it to...and this one had that extra little connection. I'm a natural born worrier...so much so that it seems all of my energy these days is spent trying not to worry...I'm working so hard to hand things over to God. I'll keep working, but boy am I exhausted.
And I think maybe my emotional exhaustion with all that has gone on over the last month is affecting my sweet Luci. Her emotion of choice seems to be anger/frustration. After a lovely morning at home including a Luci head butt to my lower lip (and a subsequent bloody lip), we went to playgroup where she hit multiple friends on multiple occasions in less than 20 minutes. Needless to say we left playgroup early.
Her head butting/banging is reaching new levels. She now has a constant bruise in the middle of her forehead. I emailed our pedi this morning to ask if he had any suggestions for me regarding her physical expression of anger...both to herself, to Clay & me, and now to her friends. I try to give her words, but she seems to want to physically feel rather than verbally express. She's always been physical so maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but regardless it is troubling me. Anybody have any good books they want to recommend on toddler behavior &/or discipline?
And I think maybe my emotional exhaustion with all that has gone on over the last month is affecting my sweet Luci. Her emotion of choice seems to be anger/frustration. After a lovely morning at home including a Luci head butt to my lower lip (and a subsequent bloody lip), we went to playgroup where she hit multiple friends on multiple occasions in less than 20 minutes. Needless to say we left playgroup early.
Her head butting/banging is reaching new levels. She now has a constant bruise in the middle of her forehead. I emailed our pedi this morning to ask if he had any suggestions for me regarding her physical expression of anger...both to herself, to Clay & me, and now to her friends. I try to give her words, but she seems to want to physically feel rather than verbally express. She's always been physical so maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but regardless it is troubling me. Anybody have any good books they want to recommend on toddler behavior &/or discipline?
**UPDATE: Luci spent the afternoon in her crib...from 1p to 5:10p!! She went in at 1p for nap time...fell asleep around 2p (based on her talking), woke up around 4:10p but had no desire to leave her crib & therefore her precious baa. I finally had to go in & get her!
2 comments:
Maybe she's sick? That's strange she stayed in her crib for so long...
Love the jewels. Wish I could help with the headbutting...but I can say Gavin went through a phase where he did that...but it ended quickly. (Thankfully) So maybe it is just a phase. Way to go on the long break this afternoon....although I agree with Holly...maybe she isn't feeling top notch. Hope you guys have a great Valentine's day!
Post a Comment