Random Lady at Starbucks: When are you due? Me: Christmas RL: Ohhh honey....bless you! Me: fake smile RL: twins? Me: just one big healthy boy! RL: fake smile
When I was 40 weeks with Hadley a man said, "Whoooa...twins? triplets?" I said "No, just overdue," and he said, "Are you sure?" He was lucky i didn't slap him. Then when he left the store he looked at me again and said it again, "Are you sure, sure?" I wanted to give him an etiquette lesson right then and there...but I was a nice pg lady that day...and just glared at him. ;0)
3 comments:
Ugh, I met several of those...
*Love* the fake smile exchange.
When I was 40 weeks with Hadley a man said, "Whoooa...twins? triplets?" I said "No, just overdue," and he said, "Are you sure?" He was lucky i didn't slap him. Then when he left the store he looked at me again and said it again, "Are you sure, sure?" I wanted to give him an etiquette lesson right then and there...but I was a nice pg lady that day...and just glared at him. ;0)
Grrr..some people have no couth!
Post a Comment