Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends & family! Luci & I are watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade & I wish I could record her little commentary. So far my favorite has been, "dancing! instruments! costumes! like I do! (she's wearing her Halloween costume, of course)"...which was followed by "I want more costumes! More dancing!"

Clay just left for work but he'll be home tomorrow after naps (or mid-afternoon in non-Luci speak). He found out that the scheduled hotel is booked full so he's staying on cruise ship tonight! It's a first! I'm hoping they at least feed him a good old fashioned Thanksgiving meal (although I'll have leftovers waiting for him regardless!).

It's hard to live so far away from family everyday, but especially on days like today. I wish Luci could be playing with all of her cousins & grandmas & grandpas today. Miss you, family.

That said, this afternoon Luci & I will head out to celebrate Thanksgiving with three other families for the third year in a row. I am so grateful that although we can't be with our far away family that we have a local family of friends to celebrate with. Thank you, friends.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Holly said...

We watched the parade, too! Noelle wasn't as interested as Luci, though. Boo.

Leftovers? Are you cooking a turkery?