A Navy pilot friend of mine once described caring for a newborn as "Not very intuitive. Even the intake and exhaust operations aren't as simple as you'd think." That pretty much sums it up -despite all the books we've read and classes we took, there is still a lot of trial and error. Once again, thank goodness for having family and friends to help keep us on track.
My apologies for not getting pics out any sooner, so without further ado, here is our Miss Luci!
On the way to the hospital.
About 30 minutes old!
Super cute!
8 comments:
Thanks for the pics! She is so adorable. I can't wait to meet her. So glad to hear that you've had some help from family/friends adjusting to your new routine, which is probably anything but routine. :) I'll be sure to spread the word that the photos are up, since I know everyone has been waiting with great anticipation! Love you both.
Jenny
Oh my gosh! I can't believe she is finally here. Congratulations to you and Clay! She is beautiful and I can't wait to here more details and meet her in person. I have loved being able to share in your joy and journey through this blog website and look forward to seeing more as Luci grows.
Love you lots and we are thinking of you! Erica and Michael
As the paternal grandmother, I can say (without even a hint of prejudice) that she is beautiful! It was so wonderful to be in the hospital (but not in the room) when Luci was born and to see her soon after she greeted her mom and dad.
She's so alert. I don't think I've seen a baby keep her eyes open so much. Of course, that means Britt and Clay are having some "eyes open" time, too - probably more than they were expecting.
We are thrilled about Lucia and absolutely delighted with our lovely daughter-in-law and very happy for our son; they are great parents! And they've brought their daughter into a neighborhood with wonderful neighbors and friends - great help and support - and lots of experienced parents to share their adventure!
Grandpa says, "Me, too!"
Love,
Grandma Pierse
WOW! She really is beautiful. I'm going back to look again! Brittnee, I hope you're recovery is going well. So glad your Mom is able to stay until the end of the week. Can't wait to hear all about your experiences so far. Talk to you guys soon.
Luci is a precious doll...and a future Kappa no doubt.
Britt-Congrats on the delivery of an adorable, healthy baby girl.
Clayton Douglass Pierse- You look exactly like you did when you turned 25...flying keeps you young and hopefully Luci will, too!
Let me know when you plan to take Luci to Edinburgh so I can meet you there and finally meet her "Grandma P" in person! We'll have a cute playdate with our girls.
Congratulations! I've been checking your blog from time to time -- so excited for you that she is finally here. Best of luck in the next few weeks!
John and Christy Mennen
Congratulations to the both of you....er.....to the 3 of you!
I am now officially a GREAT UNCLE!! Lucia is gorgeous, as expected!
Love you,
Todd & Krista
God precious gift!! Lucia is beautiful. I can't wait to see her. Britt & Clay you two are going to be great parents. I'm glad your mom is able to stay while you recover. Take all the help that's offered. Well, I hope to see you soon and give Lucia a welcome kiss from all of us.
Dana
Post a Comment