Monday, March 31, 2008

all better

Check me out in Grandpa's hat!





Luci woke up this morning at 6:30a...fussing, then talking, then playing her music. When I went into get her she was all smiles & didn't feel at all warm when I picked her up. A quick check of the thermometer confirmed that she was fever free! She was still pulling on her ears though, so at 7:59a I called the doctor (they open at 8a) thinking I'd play the radio station call in game where I can't get through or sit on hold forever...but I got right through and snatched up an 8:50a appointment (the earlier the better, less chance of sitting there for hours)! Clay's mom, Barb, came with me since she & Don will be watching Luci during the big hike (thanks again!!). I wanted her to meet Dr. Bhakta & get comfortable with him in case Luci needed a follow up or something of that nature. He checked Luci over & said her ears look great, that her throat may be just a teeny bit red, but that whatever it was (maybe a throat bug, maybe a tummy bug) had likely run its course and that we should not hesitate to leave her for a few days in Grandma & Grandpa's capable hands.

He then proceeded to give Barb a number where she could reach him over the weekend! What a fabulous doctor we have found for Luci! I think the Sunidh connection helps - Dr. Bhakta & Sundih actually know one another via a relative...maybe Sunidh's cousin is married to Mrs. Bhakta's brother? I always forget. Anyway, we learned this long after we fell in love with Dr. Bhakta, but a personal connection always helps! He promptly responds to my emails, always fits us in, and usually calls me on my cell to follow up with Luci. And today he remembered all of her rashes & asked if we'd had any relapses. I wish we could all find such attentive physicians!

So, the big hike is still on. I'll be back to tell the story on Monday. We leave Wednesday, hike down on Thursday, camp, and hike out on Friday. Send positive, powerful thoughts my way...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly said...

Oh good, I'm glad she's all better. Good luck on the hike! You guys are ambitious...

Unknown said...

Hey Brittnee and Clay -

Steen and Kristi, here. You have a beautiful Lucipea! Looks like you guys have your hands full. I'll drop a longer email, but wanted to put a surprise comment in here. Long time no see, glad to see things are going so well!!
Steen