Friday, December 05, 2008

RSV & an allergic reaction to amoxicillin

Tonight without clothes, but with diaper. I let her run around diaper-less twice today & she peed both times! Of course!

Earlier today before the doctor visit...

another shot from tonight...we think it is looking a bit better here...do you?

It is official...Luci tested positive for RSV today. The rash yesterday turned out to be a reaction to the amoxicillin...and it got MUCH worse today. So we were off to the doctor again for the second day in a row...this time to see our own pedi who we adore. He was fairly concerned about the rash so we've stopped all antibiotics at this point. Yesterday she was diagnosed with the double ear infection but given the RSV and the rash he's decided not to treat them at this point.
Grandma Pierse arrived around noon (thank goodness...or, should I say, thank Grandma!) with a little penguin box that kept Luci occupied much of the day. She also treated us to some of her yummy chicken & rice soup for dinner. I'm very grateful for the extra set of hands, eyes & overall support.

As for me, I don't even realize how horrible I feel until Luci is napping or sleeping at night. Either I get substantially worse at these times (could happen), or I'm so worried about Luci & busy tending to her when she's up that I don't notice how miserable I am. Right now (she's been asleep for almost 2 hours tonight) I am MISERABLE and heading to bed shortly.

No comments: