Monday, December 15, 2008

first hair cut!!

The first several are 'before' and the hot pink sweater photos (yes, I know she is wearing 3 different patterns ;) are 'after'. I have captions on some of them, but I'm not sure if all of you readers can see them...




Luci has very fine, kind of bonkers hair...it has been that way since she was born, really. And while her sweet little girl mullet was adorable to us as her mom & dad...I feared it was just sort of looking unkempt to the rest of the world. So I decided (sort of all of the sudden) that she needed her first hair cut, and she needed it TODAY. I web stalked kiddie cut places last night & called the two I had narrowed it down to this morning when they opened at 10a. We settled on Sweet & Sassy (where her little friend goes, of course) at 4p...but she woke up early from her nap so I took her in at 3p instead. At first she did great in the chair...let me buckle her in...put the hair gown thingy on...and then just as the stylist was ready to snip she started to FREAK OUT. Like hysterically trying to get out of the chair & practically hurting herself because she was still strapped in. Luckily the stylist was not phased by this and told me she could cut the hair while I held Luci. So I stood & held Luci...asking her where my eyes were, my nose, etc. to get her to look forward & hold still. All in the actual cutting took maybe 45 seconds...and $15.95 later (+ tip) our Luci is rockin a sweet baby girl style that, to me, screams "Nan". To me, it looks like the hair cut a little girl named Nan would wear. Like a little kids school book...with Dick and Jane, and Nan...this is Nan's hair cut. It is en route to a bob. Nan has blond hair & it looks like Luci's. Strange...I know. But I'm tellin ya, it is a "Nan" cut.

Unfortunately Dad is & was not really on board. He got kind of choked up when he realized how short the back was and that her little curls were gone. I told him not to worry...I brought the curls home in a little plastic baggy. And for the record, I did stick to my promise and I did not let them 'make her look like a boy'.

Now really, truth be told, I wanted to get a hair cut too...but December is an expensive month...and let's just say my haircut costs more than $15.95. So Lil Luce got to be the big winner & in the process we both feel a bit fresher, even if she's the only one with a new 'do. And I'm pretty sure Dad will come around too...it might just take a little while. But we're patient :)

1 comment:

JENN KINNEY PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Hi Brittney! I loved reading your post about the first haircut - very cute! And speaking of stalking, I figured that I should leave you a comment to say hello instead of periodically checking your site. I think that I originally got the link from Holly, or from Holly's blog..not sure. But Luci is adorable and you can see so much of her personality in the pictures you post! Have a great holidays, Jenn