Was what I heard this AM at my OB appointment. Every 4 minutes, for the 20 minutes I was hooked up to the machine. Dr. J was super excited & said if I was 4cm or more she was sending me straight to the hospital. I couldn't help but laugh a bit because I contracted with Luci too, and yet never progressed on my own. I let myself get excited for about 10 seconds, and then reminded myself that I knew better. And sure enough, I'm still not at all dilated.
Oh, and my fundal height went from 34 last week to 37 this week. Which means he's not dropped into the 'ready, set, go!' position. So instead I just get to enjoy uncomfortable non-productive contractions which feel like they are pushing him in the wrong direction!
That said, I think it might be time to pack a bag anyway. I'd hate to have to call home & rattle off all of the things I want to bring. Seeing the contractions on the paper made it a bit more real that he really will be joining us here on the outside one of these days. I can't believe I get to have another baby!! :)
3 comments:
So Exciting!!!!!! (I didn't pack my bag with Connor until we should have already been at the hospital..I like the procrastination involved:-)
Very excited for you and looking forward to hearing the great news!
Yay, I was wondering about you. I can't get on the internet these days to save my life! I hope this labor is much shorter than the first!
YEAH!! Is Clay home? I hope so!! I can't believe little Gus will be here before we know it! I agree- pack your bags Mama!!
Post a Comment