Today is St. Lucia day! To celebrate, we opened a gift from Grandma & Grandpa Pierse right after we woke up. Or, I should say, after we snuggled in Mom's bed over an episode of The Little Einsteins (takes awhile for me to ease out of bed these days). I told her it was a VERY special day, and that we had a present to open. With 100% seriousness, her eyes got HUGE, and she said, "it's Jesus's BIRTHDAY!!!"...cause she knows we can't open the presents under the tree until His birthday. It was adorable...and then I was worried she'd be disappointed, but she wasn't. Then I very excitedly exclaimed that it was St. Lucia Day! And that she had a present to open. And that after the present we'd go have a SUPER SPECIAL breakfast of donuts! "Strawberry! And a chocolate one!" she proclaimed. Cause I didn't have the ingredients to make Lucia buns, see. So special donuts had to do. She seemed fine with it....
1 comment:
Oh, that is precious...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hearing her talk! Happy Saint Lucia Day, Luci!
Post a Comment