Wednesday, December 16, 2009

hanging in there

Appointment today went well...Dr. J let me complain, and then asked me if I was going to make it until the 28th (our mandatory evacuation date). I told her we were, unless she could tell me we needed to do it earlier. She asked for medical reasons or sympathetic reasons....I said either would do as long as she didn't specify which ;) Then she told me she'd see me back next week unless we met at the hospital first.

I'm having TONS of contractions, but they've all been unproductive. Surprisingly painful, but unproductive. My cervix is soft, but I'm not at all effaced or dilated. My fundal height measured 36, so he has dropped a teeny bit from last week. But overall he seems pretty content in there, despite my many 'practice' contractions.

But the best news of the last 24 hours? Clay is home now until January 7th for some serious family time. I'm so grateful and feel so blessed...what a wonderful way to spend the holidays...

3 comments:

Lacey said...

11 more days- I can't believe it. Hang in there momma! And yeah for Clay being home!! HOORAY!!

Lacey said...

p.s. why is the 28th the mandatory evacuation date? You are due the 27th, right?

britt said...

The 28th is our arbitrary date..she might let us wait until 1/4, but she doesn't like to go past 41 weeks and with NYE and whatnot it gets complicated at the hospital (we might have to go as early as 12/29). Plus if we waited till 1/4 Clay would go right back to work after we got home. We want at least a week home together. So baby boy is on notice for 12/28!